Information and Participation Form
The Shop (emerging artist platform) is an artistic playground for singers, musicians, songwriters, and producers who are working hard to push forward their brand. We want to give you a little boost through our platform. This opportunity is specifically designed for artists who may be in the process of a song or product release, launching a tour, or have another announcement to introduce to their fan base. During your performance, the audience will be a part of your YouTube interview and will have the opportunity to learn more about the artist behind the music. We enjoy artists who are creative and who actively engage with the audience. All genres of music are welcome.
What You Need To Know
- Emerging artists will have the opportunity to present their works in different genres including the following:
- b.the arts like jazz, classical, fusion, etc.
- c.pop, R&B, hip hop
- Artists can be signed or unsigned
- The opportunity is also open to songwriters and producers who can demonstrate their portfolio in a live music format
- All demonstrated works should be original
- All music must be presented using live instrumentation. No tracks. Think up close and personal; unplugged
- We do not condone performances and music which contain racial slurs, degrading gender based content, homophobic or any references that otherwise , or other works that marginalize communities based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability
- Artists must register 50 people to their show (including the artists’ registration). This is how we ensure that you as the artists has some stake in the game and it also offsets your stage production costs. Each selected artist is given a promo code that your patrons can use when registering. The promo code gives your patron $5 off the general registration price. We will count the number of promo codes to ensure that the artist has met the requirement. Registrations need to be completed 2 weeks in advance of the artists’ show. Note: Your patrons’ registration also includes general registration for the entire three day festival
- We expect the room to be full for their performance but moreover, we will be taping for YouTube, so the artists needs to put their best foot forward
- A host will interview the artist in between the songs. Total interview time cannot exceed ten minutes
- Artists will demonstrate four songs, each song not to exceed four minutes
- Entire stage time must not exceed 30 min
- There is a five minute stage reset between each artist
- Artists can bring a small table to sell their merch during the show
- Artist will have a 20 min sound check on the Wednesday night prior to their show. This cannot be rescheduled to a later date
- Artists to use in-house backline unless special equipment is needed for production. Artists to bring their own keyboard, guitar, and headphones for in-ear monitoring
- Click here for a list of our audio, lights, and limited backline
- Our tech crew https://www.atcfestivals.com/tech-crew/ will provide audio and limited lighting support
- All artists must submit a performance video for consideration. Artists are usually selected at least two months in advance of their show. This gives the artist time to promote
- We highly recommend that local artists attend the business networking sessions on the Thursday before the show and any music industry Mastery Lessons on Saturday prior to the your show. All is included with your registration. Invite your supporters to your own little after party within the Fresca After Dark Series later that evening.
The SHOP – Saturday’s Show Format
• 2:10pm – 2:40pm – Artist 1 (Inspirational)
• 2:40 pm – 2:50 pm– Reset
• 2:50pm – 3:20pm – Artist 2 (The arts – Jazz, Classical, Fusion )
• 3:20 pm – 3:30pm– Reset
• 3:30pm – 4:00pm – Artist 3 (Popular = R&B, Hip Hop, Alternative, Emerging, etc.)
• Empty stage by 4:30pm
Participation Terms and Conditions
The thought leaders at The Festivals of Art, Thought, and Culture (the “Festival”) are proud to integrate music, art, dance, dialogue, education, social causes, business, fashion, empowerment, and entertainment all into one social stream of consciousness that we collectively call The Culture. We do this by offering in-person and online events and by offering a platform to artists, speakers, community groups, etc. who participate within The Culture.
We build online profile pages for our participants and use their associated images, likeness, videos, and published works in print media; social media; live streams; online content for our streaming services like YouTube; and for marketing and promotion purposes. By participating in The Culture, participants give the Festival, its organizers, and thought leaders (“Festival affiliates) the consent to use any works as noted above for the purposes stated without any associated fees or royalties. For any participants’ works of art, media, or speeches that may be used by festival affiliates as noted above, the participant guarantees that the participant owns the body of work and that it does not infringe upon the copyrights owned by other entities.
Festival affiliates will confirm consent from each participant prior to engaging in marketing and promotion activities. The form below must be completed by the artist (singer, songwriter, producer, musician, poet, etc.), prior to participating in any festival events.